On Sunday I will be leaving for Bali for 7 weeks where I will be getting certified to teach yoga. Although I will be keeping in great shape on this retreat, I’m a little worried my strength training regime I’ve been working so hard to maintain will whittle away on me. Hollywood celebrities are always traveling for work where often times they are stuck on a movie set for months without a gym. I know many of you Heartlanders will also be traveling this winter trying to escape the snow.
So what do these stars do to stay fit and firm that we can incorporate into our upcoming travel plans? The answer lies in celebrity trainer Valerie Waters and her dynamic new exercise tool called the “Valslide”.
I was lucky enough to chat with Valerie before my trip to get the inside scoop on staying healthy and fit.
- What is Red Carpet Ready and the Valslide: Red Carpet Ready is a series of specially designed circuits, which are guaranteed to deliver a signature “Red Carpet” look. A long, lean and sexy body, without the excess bulk that is a common side effect from other women’s exercise programs. The Red Carpet Ready System combines fun exercises & workouts with an easy-to-follow meal plan. It creates definition in your arms, shoulders and back to look sleek and sexy no matter what you’re wearing. It sheds unsightly belly fat and drops dress sizes with a simple strength training and cardio plan, plus sculpts a shapely, lifted butt and toned thighs with the Valslide.
The Valslide is a dynamic exercise tool that will help you sculpt your body fast and effectively, no matter where you train.The Valslide goes where you go, in your purse or briefcase. so whether you workout at the gym, the office, traveling or at home you can maintain your exercise regime. Performing lunges as well as hundreds of other exercises with the Valslide effectively targets glutes, hips and thighs. Celebrities such as Jennifer Garner use this tool to change their backside faster and take their core to a whole other level.
2) More and more people seem to be aware of fitness, yet statistics report the US population is getting fatter. What’s happening?
Today people are loaded with too much information making them overwhelmed. People have less time, money, and resources these days and therefore need to get back to the basics. They are innovated with unhealthy food choices and getting away from cooking. People are over eating, sitting at a computer all day and turning to processed foods. We need to keep getting the message out that the basics done consistently over time lead to results. These basic steps include strength training, yoga, eating clean, drinking lots of water, and sleep
3) What was one of your most challenging assignments getting a star in shape?
For the most part stars are always motivated to get in shape. An assignment that was challenging in a fun way was getting Courtney Love ready for the Golden Globes. Courtney never really worked out before I started training with her. I had to start out very basic with her from walking on the treadmill to lifting very light hand weights. We started training at her house then moved into a gym. It was the first time she had stepped into a gym before. She ended up getting in amazing shape in less than 4 weeks. After our 4 week sessions she kept with her fitness routine. It was really rewarding to see the transformation.
4) You’ve been referred to by Shape magazine as “the ultimate fitness problem solver”. What are some common fitness problems and solutions?
A lot of people complain about the lower belly pooch or a droopy butt. I advise people to change what they eat and add specific exercises to their workout routines. I recommend circuit training which combines a fat burning and strength training element. Diet is also extremely important. You can’t out train a poor diet. A clean diet should include real food with no refined carbs, lots of protein and vegetables with small meals 4-5 times a day.
5) How do you determine what type of workout is right for each woman’s body type?
I visually look at their body type and hear what their goals are wether to lose weight or gain definition. I have a personal body assessment program on my website where people can send in their photos along with a lifestyle questionnaire. I then give them a complete consultation with a workout and diet plan all put into a DVD to guide them towards their goals.
After my conversation with Valerie, I have no excuse to slack off on my fitness goals overseas. For more fitness, nutrition, and lifestyle advice from Valerie be sure to check her out online at: www.ValerieWaters.com
In good health~
For more info on me check out www.HollandBaxley.com