Growing up in the Heartland, potlucks were a way of life. Surprisingly the potluck tradition continues even in Hollywood. Howver, the difference is instead of hamburger helper, you have to up your game showing up with something that is unique, delicious and healthy. One sure people pleaser I brought to a recent Hollywood pool party is a whole wheat flat bread pizza. I got this recipe from Bravo’s Top Chef Candice Kumai, also referred to as the Stiletto Chef .
It takes minutes to make, and you’ll be the most popular person at the potluck. Every guest’s mouth will be drooling over your amazing creation.
- Thinly Sliced Pears
- Whole Wheat Flat Bread
- Feta Cheese
- Sea Salt
- Sliced Onions
- Olive Oil
- Place thinly sliced pears in a saute pan on medium heat with a small amount of extra virgin olive oil
- Add thinly sliced onions and cook slow, stirring until they start to turn golden brown
- Brown the flat breads in a non stick cooking pan over medium heat
- Remove flatbreads from pan and brush with a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sprinkle a bit of sea salt on flatbreads and top with caramelized pears & onions
- Add the feta, walnuts and basil
- Cut into halves or quarters and serve warm