It has been 3 weeks since I have returned to Hollywood from my Bali yoga retreat. I’m still getting used to the hustle and bustle of the city compared to the serene that Bali offered. Upon returning, I vowed that I would continue to keep up with my daily yoga practice. It is a great way to balance out the stress and fast pace of Hollywood. So far I have been very diligent on keeping my promise. This morning I checked out “Core Power Yoga.” This heated yoga studio has been all the range among many stars and fitness enthusiasts alike.
I wish that I would have known about hot yoga when I lived in the midwest. Instead of trying to escape the cold weather by reclining in a tanning bed, I could have actually done something healthy for my body while still getting a dose of heat. As the winter finally approaches in the midwest (can you believe it no snow on Christmas?), check your local area for a hot yoga class. It’s a great release from the bitter cold and will give you a boost of feel good endorphins.
Hot yoga is super intense with the intense heat. Therefore before you head to class keep the following in mind:
1) It is essential to have your own yoga mat and towel since you will be sweating so much. Students tend to wear very little clothing for the same reason.
2) Make sure to drink plenty of water before and after class so you don’t get dehydrated.
3) It is not advisable to eat during the two hours before class.
After my class today, I feel like I sweated out the rest of my christmas cookie toxins and gained some amazing benefits such as:
- Reduced stress
- Cleared mind
- Toned and strengthened muscles
- Increased balance and coordination
- Increased energy