Last weekend I was in New York and it was so refreshing to be able to walk everywhere. To be able to be around other people instead of stuck in traffic in my car and in my head was a breath of fresh air. I felt like myself again connected to others. In Los Angeles I probably spend 75% of the day alone in my car. Being alone and secluded most of the day doesn’t work well for me. I’m a people person what can I say. Do you notice that spending time alone in your car all day are the times when you tend to worry or get stuck in your head? You may even just get in a foul mood because of the traffic which is making you late for that audition or important meeting.
I’ve learned to deal with the traffic and stay peaceful during these times. Even if you don’t live in LA, here are some great tips that I have found will keep you feeling zen:
- Listening to inspirational uplifting podcasts on itunes
- Turning on your favorite spa music
- Reciting positive affrimations like how awesome you are
- Repeating Guns and Roses “Patience”
- Singing at the top of your lungs
- Calling up old friends for a fun catch up reminiscing on good ol times